Information for Instructors
How to access reserves for your course
- Log in to My UW.
- Select the Academics tab.
- Look under Teaching Resources to locate the desired course.
- Click Library/Reserves to access your library course materials. If this link does not appear please contact us.
For more information please go to http://www.library.wisc.edu/reserves/faculty-instructors.html .
How to place materials on reserve for your course
- We need as much lead time as possible. We may need to recall or purchase books for your course.
- If you come in person, please see David Dodd in the Library Workroom. If David's not around, please see Kerry Kresse.
- Please do not leave reserve materials with a student assistant at the front desk.
- Electronic copies of reserves are generally available within 24 hours of receipt. If you are in a hurry to have items placed on reserve, please let us know! We can expedite processing.
Placing Materials on Reserve
- Books -- Send us your reserve lists or bring them to David Dodd in the Library Workroom. You can add books to your course lists at any time in the semester.
- Exams, Homework Sets, Lecture Notes
- Electronic copies of reserves are generally within 24 hours.
- If you are in a hurry to have items placed on reserve, please let us know! We can expedite processing.
- We can hold reserve files ahead of time and release them according to a schedule.
- If you bring in paper copies of exams or homework please use a one-inch margin all around the page.
- Blue or black pen is best. Pencil is bad.
- Electronic copies -- Send your electronic copies of reserve materials as attachments to us.